02 January, 2008

Talky Meat

After getting pissed at Jennie whatserface I did go into the ER.

There's really no point pretending that there's no social component to the visits, at least at these two hospitals. The doctor saw me ahead of the next person in line because he recognised me, and he apologised for not having my dosages memorised, and let me dictate them instead. When I said I was still in pain I got more without any discussion too.

I didn't get a chance to talk to the nurse that says she'll call me next time she's going to go shooting, but I did get a wave and a frown from another nurse we'd chatted with at length during the last visit here. The registration guy waxed very eloquent about advanced directives and their scope. He seemed glad for the opportunity to chat.

A day later the pain is minor, so it was all worth it. It's still too frequent, but at least it worked.

It's my sister's last day in town, and among her errands is dropping by the other ER to leave a gift and card for the nurse that finally treated my symptoms as worthy of the proposed dosage, as well as got a line in quickly.

Two weeks here and five ER visits, if I count correctly. Quite the crash course.

No comments: