23 April, 2008

Diet Experiment Notes

I wish I had something exhilarating to say about the diet experiment, but I don't. The simplest truth is that I've been to the ER once on the no-wheat no-tyramine diet, and I'm in day one of another pretty bad one right now. Today I decided to let the tyramines back in. Despite not feeling abstention made a significant difference I'm still going to go through the motions and finish the whole thing out.

Research shows skin pain sensitivity increases with migraines. Why don't they just ask me?

Actually, honestly, I thought it was obvious. Just like the light and sound and smell sensitivity...sensation just gets more painful when a migraine's on. I thought it was all accepted truth. Hell, I thought light and sound sensitivity were just normal headache stuff. It wasn't until I started paying special attention that I learnt that they were part of what defined a migraine.

But yes--if you didn't know--steer clear of the skin of a migraine sufferer. Do not brush their hair. Especially if they're female or fat or depressed.

Two out of three ain't bad.

1 comment:

Jonquil said...

I just spent an entire PT session saying "Don't touch my head." "No, I won't touch my head, it causes a migraine."

He decided I had TMJ because it hurt to touch my cheeks. I pointed out that it hurt to touch any part of my goddamned head.

NO, you are just a PT. You do not get to disagree with my doctor's diagnosis. Die in a fire.