08 February, 2008

Morphine No More

I'm quitting morphine today. In the two weeks during which I haven't posted I've been floating on a cloud of side effects: the continual urge to sleep which bested me more than once when it shouldn't have, the impaired memory, the loss of hand/eye coordination, and the poor balance.

Oh, and about a migraine a day.

Even if it had cleared me of migraines totally, if these are the side effects I'm going to have forever, it's not a solution.

I asked my GP if I could just go cold turkey, since I'm eager to get it out of my system. He's pretty adamant that I should not, so I'll be going in to get tapering-down prescriptions from him as well.

Also started taking Sansert in this hiatus. The timing kinda coincided with the pronounced edema in my legs (which has extended to my hands as of this morning). Is there a correlation? We shall see. At least it's not a blood clot. Blood clots are bad things, and worse things for me what with that hole in my heart.

2 comments:

Jonquil said...

Bugger. There's no point in drugs that take away your life just as badly as the migraines. So very sorry.

What was your doctor's take on lyrica? (I fear I am becoming one of those "chiropractor changed my life, everybody should do it" people)

Jonquil said...

P.S. I see the hole-in-the-heart for migraine study isn't taking any more volunteers.