17 July, 2007

The hospital was...miserable is too dramatic, but I certainly feel my weekend was stolen...bleak.

My roomie spent much of her time moaning in pain after an angiogram to work out why she'd had a stroke after some sort of shunt.

Some guy kept wailing "Help! Call the paramedics!" Every outburst of his was followed by an annoyed nurse explaining to him that he was already in the hospital and that the paramedics couldn't help him.

I think they ended up tying him to the bed--I know I heard a few crashes that sounded like him hitting the floor.

They weren't trying to heal me this past weekend so much as they were experimenting on a new treatment and its efficacy. I did not pay attention to that distinction, and had been hoping that they would be all about the total migraine relief.

I have had many panic attacks about hospitalisation--I'm not sure having actually gone in will prevent the next one.

No comments: