12 July, 2007

The nose may know, but it sure doesn't remember

Allergic rhinitis is one of the few things I was tested for that came out positive. I'm an eerily healthy woman suffering from "persistent and intractable migraines."

But I am allergic to dust mites, and a little to grass.

The anti-allergy meds are so hard for me to remember. They're not fittable into a nifty pill case and taken with me wherever I go. No, I need to remember, morning and evening, to double-squirt the Nasonex, and one squirt each nostril of the Astelin.

I have no idea if the allergy contributes to the migraines, but I can't argue with less congestion.

I'm half-assedly managing for dust mites at home. I have a Roomba now, because that's the only way the place can get vacuumed more than once a week. Mattress is esconced in a noisy mattress cover, and the stuffed toy is periodically frozen (I'd wash it in hot water, but the poor thing is delicate these days--certainly won't stand up to weekly washes).

We'll see.

No comments: