13 July, 2007

Ugh. Hospitals.

As things stand, I'll be admitted for the DHE infusion tomorrow morning. I am both impatient and reluctant.

Part of me had hoped that this would be a big guns cure, but it seems it's something that is administered repeatedly if the first infusion proves effective.

Well, at least it's not botox, which should have gone in my alternative treatments entry.

Not reluctant enough to not do it, but...hospital. Cold, no personal space, no internet, no cell phone, no TV, no computer? Oy. I have books, I guess, and a brain. Maybe I'll poke through my yarns and see if I have enough for a crochet project.

This is a far cry from my initial reactions to the idea of hospitalisation, with 100% less freaking out. So it's an improvement.

The infusion will be doses every eight hours. From a wee bit of surfing they list anxiety as a possible side effect, and since I get that off of everything...well, I don't want to be a doomsayer, but I won't be surprised if it happens to me.

Now, if they could just render me unconscious for 48 hours, that'd be great.

I wasn't thinking clearly when I asked to be admitted on Saturday--that means I won't be released until Monday morning. I should mention to the boss that I'll be a little late.

No comments: